Thursday, February 19, 2009

Showgirl Color Palette





Here are some colors that make me think happy thoughts of Spring, though I would never dream of wearing them. The fabric is on a box I use to "organize" my junk, and this flyer from the 60s was in this box. So I guess I do have an organizational system after all: color coding. I don't know where I got this piece of paper. Inside a thrift store book? (Thrift store books are treasure troves of stray ephemera, especially if you collect shopping lists.) Did my grandparents give it to me as a souvenir from one of their smoke-filled Catalina driving treks to this slot machine and supper club oasis? Long, long ago there was no such thing as "riverboat" gambling...

2 comments:

Beth Niquette said...

Oh, I do LOVE this entry. What a lovely collection of "ephemera!"

By the way, I knew you would like my sis. She's so great. I knew she would like YOU, too. (Grin)

Clytie said...

Hi, I'm sis. I've truly enjoyed paging through your site, and can't wait to spend more time here. I see a bit of me in some of these entries. Maybe I'll dig up some of my old treasures that everyone else thinks of as junk ... just for fun.
Thank you.