 |
| No dust! |
 |
| A purty box to hold double-pointed knitting needles. |
 |
| More tools of the craft. |
 |
| Buttons and Lucky Charms, in clean jars! |
 |
| The Happy Chair is where I dream up ways to make a mess. |
 |
| I pulled this unused chair out of another room; it's the comfiest. |
 |
| Shelves with actual Space! |
I can't claim to have ADD, because anyone who knits lace shawls is by definition able to stick to the task at hand for a long slow time. But everyone has her distraction threshold, and mine is reached whenever I come across a pile of
vintage needlecraft magazines. Since my craft room (which is small but all mine —Lucky Me! — and full of natural light) was overflowing with these, I found it very hard to buckle down and get organized. But I'd finally had enough of not being able to find anything! And it's Spring, so I
really wanted to get rid of the five years worth of furballs which had accumulated under the shelves, and any lingering Bad Winter vibes. So yesterday I tied my hair off my face, took a deep breath and copious slugs of coffee, then went to town! I pulled every single item out of the room, then scrubbed the floor and washed the walls. The dust gave me a massive headache, so I took 2 Aleve and went back to work. Six bags of trash, four boxes of books, and three sheep's worth of undesirable yarn later, I started moving things back in. What made it back through the door had to be A) Purty, B) Useful, and C) Actually Wanted. Now this space feels much more energetic. Hooray for Spring Cleaning!
3 comments:
WOW! I am sooooo impressed!!! Your space is awesome!!!
i'd love to come look through all your stuff... looks like you have some real treasures!
C'mon over! There's plenty left to go thru!
Post a Comment