
We've probably just had the last snowfall of the year, but I'm sick of winter and planning my garden. I've got a lot of work to do before I can harvest a lovely bouquet like the one above. I have to smother the weeds I planted last year, annihilate a pesky stand of Prairie Coreopsis (which takes over by runner and has minimal flowering), viciously prune back the first stalks of New England Aster (which gets lanky and brown if I don't), yank up any Heath Asters I see, and plant a whole lot more of the good stuff. The good stuff is whatever plant thrives in my sunny spot with its heavy clay soil: Wild Quinine, Purple and Pale Purple Coneflowers, Butterfly Weed, Indian Blanket, Sunflowers, Sideoats, and Big Bluestem. Here are the plants that don't work: Phlox, Royal Cathchfly, and Wild Indigo. Although maybe they'll surprise me this year.
1 comment:
I really enjoyed visiting your blog. Hope your little dog is better and am leaving a name of medication that you can ask your vet about for her. It's called Adequan, and helped our dog immensely, when he had the same problem.
Post a Comment