
See my left forefinger, the one with the splint? I killed it yesterday by knitting this much of these Sugar Stick Ribbing gloves by Magic Loop. When I curl the finger, my lips turn white and I feel light-headed. It f@#$%^&*ing hurts! My husband has diagnosed it as an overuse injury and prescribed R-I-C-E (Rest, Ice, Elevation, Compression). It started aching around 10 last night, but I ignored the twinges and kept knitting for another half hour. Then all of a sudden the finger simply wouldn't move any more. If this is arthritis instead of the digit equivalent of having done deep knee bends for nine hours, they can just shoot me now and put me out of my misery. Because I've found my drug of choice, and it would be rottenly Cruel of Life to rob me of my needles! I guess I'll have to learn to knit continental, or at least a lot more loosely, so I don't do so much pushing with the sinister side. Rats!
2 comments:
Yikes! Take it easy and I hope you feel better soon.
Oh no! I hate it when that happens. Take it easy on yourself and keep your eyes on the prize--being able to knit again.
Post a Comment