




I knit this Greenleaves Shawl for my friend Annie, who has made both sides of the Mississippi a much better place for flora and fauna, through the Great RIvers Land Trust she founded back when. You'll never hear her bragging about how her car runs on French Fry grease, because it doesn't, but she's quietly done more real good than most people who (loudly) tout themselves as "Green." So she gets this. I love the yarn so much, once again from Kate of Elvincraft. I can't seem to knit with anything else these days, though I have some Dyeabolical I love as much waiting patiently in my stash for great things to happen.
3 comments:
Thanks so much for your encouraging words on my Dianna, Suzy. I love learning, playing, and creating and Ravelry has been a wonderful enabler. This green shawl reminds me of the Springtime Swirl I am knitting--it's absolutely gorgeous. Your friend is so lucky to be in your circle. Ooooh, how I would love to have my car run on French Fry grease or grass clippings!!!!!
Your friend is one lucky lady - I think this shawl is exquisite! And not just because my fav color is green. :=} Beautiful.
How precious! Your friend is a very blessed lady! I believe I am quite envious! (Grin)
Post a Comment