


The first image, captioned She Loved The Golden Rays Of The Sun As They Shone Upon Her Garden is from one of my Thrfit Store Scores, an old kiddie book published by the fabulous Platt & Munk Co. in 1932. It's called The Road In Storyland and was illustrated by Lucille and H.C. Holling. Super-saturated colors, like the wonderful Elvincraft yarn I'm making a Moonrockets Shawl out of using that old standby pattern, Garden of Alla. This will be part of the Summer Moon Shawl Challenge. Doesn't that have a lovely pompous ring to it? It just means I'm going to knit shawls all summer. Why not give a important title to what you plan on doing anyway? I have a new cell phone full of images of my MIL's garden, just for contrast to my wild one, but I don't have the right cord to get them out. And my new scanner works, but I don't like it nearly as much as the old dinosaur I worked with for years: too many bells and whistles. Back to knitting!
2 comments:
I love the colors in your new moon shawl ... and the colors of the flower - just keep the bee away from me! When I saw the first picture, I thought it was a print, not a book! Wonderful score!
lovely work. I've been looking at patterns and other blogs. The shawls that I see are often blocked. Do you block your work? There is an interesting thread on Ravelry that shows before and after blocking.
Post a Comment