


This summer I'm only going to knit super lightweight shawls with yarn where blue is the predominant color, and the titles of these design masterpieces are all going to feature the word "Moon." So here you see the two currently on my needles — the No Moon At All Shawl featuring Dyeabolical's Laceweight Edition in Midnight Blue, and the multicolored Moonbow Shawl done in Elvincraft's Green Moonbow. This weekend my darling husband and I stayed at the new Moonrise Hotel in the Loop on Saturday. Bridget the chihuhuha came with us, and had a great time hiding her complimentary doggie croissants around the room. One of the best things about the place, from my tunnel-visioned point-of-view, was that it's right across the street from a yarn shop: Knitty Couture. (Guess what I blew my walking around money on? There was the prettiest peacock blue Kidsilk Haze inside. It's going to become a Moon Pie shawl... ) I think I do have a knack for lace shawl designs. The No Moon At All Shawl in particular is one I'm proud of, because it uses the world famous Bunny Ears Decrease to make the rounded moon shape. I'd try to get my designs published somewhere other than ravelry, but that would mean I'd have to offer more than charts with my patterns, and I just don't know if I'm capable of Technical Written Instructions. "Technical Written Instructions" is synonymous with "Mountains of Laundry and Dirty Dishes" to my pain threshold...
3 comments:
I love the song No Moon At All, particularly by Mel Torme or Julie London. A beautiful name for a beautiful shawl.
Julie London! That's the version I heard in my head when Naming this!
Beautiful! I love the colors and springtimey (oops that's not a real word) lacy-ness (oops that's not a real word either). And I adore the "moon" names. Perfect!
Post a Comment