
Last year, on this very day, which happens to be my dear friend Shana's birthday, I began winding this fabulous Brite Green laceweight yarn from Dyeabolical. Then I started knitting a shawl a few days later. I was new to laceweight, however, and not quite into the rhythm of skinny yarn. But a year, to the day, has passed, and I now love to knit with barely there fiber. My fingers have grown accustomed to its needs. So two days ago I hauled this hibernating beauty out of bed, and finished it off for...my friend Shana's ??th birthday! Life has a circular shape. We're going to the racetrack tonight for her bash, and she's vowed to wear something strappy that will look good with this on top. She's sure to make it look 500x better than I do in my shapeless nightie, anyway!
3 comments:
Oh wow. I remember when you bought that. It looks fantastic and you're lace knitting talent has really blossomed this year. Beautiful!
I am totally in love with this one! My favorite color! The intricate detail. Totally beautiful. Drrooolll. Makes me wish I could knit!
Wow, that is just gorgeous! I love the exquisite detail.
Post a Comment