



The self portrait I took with my Mac was the only shot of eleven that didn't show blotchy skin, eye bags, or a myriad of other sags. Note the careful positioning of the hands, and the use of lighting to smooth away wrinkles. Usually I could care less about getting old and dumpy, but that's only because I don't go out in public much anymore! This shot shows me in my workroom thinking about my next knitting design. I really love designing my own stuff, because then there's so much less angst over mistakes. In fact, "mistakes" often lead to a serendipitous discovery of some cool new way to shape, as in the Yule Capelet I made for my Scottish yarn supplier. I "misplaced" the back panels but the wrap looks really nifty on, ruffly and Edwardian. Also featured is an arm-warmer made with yarn from same supplier in the Autumn Blackthorn colorway and the ZigglyZag hat chart, only with no "knit plain" rounds, and M1s instead of YOs. I find it really annoying to do zig-zagging stitch patterns 2-at-a-time-on-1-Magic-Loop, so who knows how long it will be before I make the other arm's ....
2 comments:
I’m reminded each time I visit your blog how a passion well expressed can inspire. Thanks for sharing, all the very best and a lovely weekend.
What a wonderful picture of YOU! And the cape is gorgeous, as is the arm warmer. I admire your talent!
Post a Comment