Monday, November 23, 2009

Workbasket Full of Buttons



My brother found this giant pile of The Workbasket at a book fair recently, and graciously bought the whole lot for me. Now I have the promise of countless hours of happy perusing through hideous 70s craftiness to bolster my spirits. The only thing better than free junk is uncovering a box full of buttons you forgot you even had.

3 comments:

Beth Niquette said...

Oooooh, ain't it the truth!!!

I have a couple of crafts books from the 1970's. Hideous they are indeed! (grin)

Clytie said...

Um, well, yeah I have to admit I also have some of those 'hideous' 70's crafts magazines and books. Hilarious aren't they? And BUTTONS! Wow! What a find!

Kitten With a Whiplash said...

To be fair, not all 70s crafting was gutwrenchingly ugly. But fortunately there was enough to make it really fun to go back for look.