Thursday, March 20, 2008

Belly Up


Tomorrow I leave for Portland, OR to raid the yarn and junk shops there, and eat fresh seafood for every meal. It rains a lot in Portland, so it's sort of an odd destination to choose when trying to shed the winter doldrums, but I'm looking forward to seeing an old friend and getting the hell out of the Midwest for the first time in way too long. Our blue midget is boarding with my folks, who are under strict orders to rub her belly every 15 minutes, and to not feed her too much. I'm concerned about that last part. She's such a good beggar, and will use every cute pet trick in the book to get another morsel. I know I'll be worrying about her, but still, doggies are much lower on the worry meter than children, because you know they'll never end up stewing meth in the shed, and so forth unto jail. But it will be fun despite the separation anxiety. I'm even taking my camera to snap the legendary Northwest knitting shops. Bo-rrrr-inng! But that's what vacation photos are supposed to be, right? Next blog post: April Fool's Day!

1 comment:

7-letter Deborah, never a Deb said...

Have a great trip! I look forward to hearing about your adventures in yarn.