Sunday, October 12, 2008

Potted Cat





That's our cat Brother relaxing after a hard day of gardening. (He'll assure you that yes, eating rabbits is just as important a task as weeding.) The next photo is a picture of my weeds at sunset. It's out of focus because I'd just had a couple glasses of Beaujolais-VIllages. I needed a relaxant after trying, and failing spectacularly, to knit two Dotted Arglye mitts at a time on one magic loop. Stranding and twoatatime do not go together! I can't hold the yarn like I do for hats, one strand in each hand, because there's too much needle manipulation and yarn detangling involved. So I ended up holding both yarns in the left hand and picking them apart and up through each loop. A slow, slow process, and one that led to many dropped stitches and cuss words. So I ditched the twoatatime deal and finished one by itself, on its own magic loop. But now I'm scared I won't be able to match it! My mind just gunks up when I try to count rows. The chart part will work fine, but after that ... uh-oh. By the way, this mitt used "Aunt Jean's Invisible Jog" as explicated by Cindy Sauerwald in The Best of Vogue Knitting. It's a fantastic trick, and in itself worth the price of admission — though I checked the book out of the library for free.

No comments: