



I'm just finishing up with a miserable cold, and today I have the time for full recuperation: lemony tea, soup, and browsing through comfort junk. The ultimate in comfort junk for me is The Workbasket, a magazine that was published during all the fun decades of yore. I have a huge stash of these, because people don't seem to value them as much as I do, and they rarely go for more than the original cover price shown here: 25¢. The magazine reminds me of my grandma's for some reason, probably because she was so crafty. When I flip through its pages, I can smell the percolator coffee and Raleigh ciggies of her pea-soup green carpeted house. My grandma would have abhorred the workmanship of that orange pantsuit, though. Tear your eyes away from the scary hairdo long enough to check out those puckery seams!
3 comments:
Hahaha...I LOVE your writing--and the stuff you come up with is just great. I especially enjoyed that scary hairdo, and the orange puckery pantsuit. I think I once wore one just like it--in sky blue.
(grin)
By the way, I surely do hope you're feeling better today!
Oh, those seams pucker something fierce! Yikes!
Feel better.
Post a Comment