


Nope, not me. I'm just sitting out here on the balcony in my bentwood rocker knitting. It's a little chilly yet for the bikini, but a girl likes to look good while she's being crafty. Why don't I like to crochet anymore? These are the questions that keep me up nights. I suppose it must be its lack of rhythm. Knitting really does seem to have the power to shape all one's tangly cares and woes into a smooth swatch of calm. There's just so much great, soothing yarn out there! My current favorite is this Elvincraft Homegrown Yarn from the Isle of Skye in Scotland. It smells like a windswept island, the colors are fantastic, and it's spun from the fleece of a rare seaweed eating breed of sheep called Ronaldsay. The yarn has a lovely soft handle and a subtle natural sheen. It makes last year's favorite Noro seem crass! But pretty much I like all yarn except super crunchy ones like acrylic, soy, and cotton. I'm not buying anymore until the power goes out again next winter, and even then I'll have too much to knit with in one lifetime. Yarn is like an idea, and so your stash is like your brain. Crammed full and sometimes a little disorganized. Oh yeah!
2 comments:
Crocheting in a bikini! I wonder if she made the one she has on? I rather like it. I wonder if she made the bentwood rocker too :=}
I love your description of the yarn, especially the "windswept island" smell. I've always enjoyed the smells of certain yarns ... thought I was just crazy.
What a gift you have! And what a funny ad. (grin) I agree with Clytie, and your descriptions make me think I want to learn to knit or crochet!
Post a Comment