Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sea Drift Shawl





I love to knit lace shawls for a number of reasons, the chief being that you can't buy them. Plus they are so much fun to knit, especially when you make up your own design. (Like I did for this Sea Drift Shawl.) The only sweaters I wear are super-fine gauge cotton ones that would take about ten long boring years to knit in my least favorite fiber to handle. What's the point of knitting a thicker sweater I'll never wear? I love wearing shawls. Shawls can be dressy or granny or whatever you want them to be. Plus, they are always flattering. End rant.

2 comments:

Clytie said...

It is absolutely beautiful. And it matches it's name - Sea Drift Shawl. I would wear it to the beach anytime!

Beth Niquette said...

Oy, Sissie Clytie is right--Sea Drift Shawl fits this gorgeous design. I would wear it to the beach, too.

Anyone for a beach trip today???

Ah, one can always dream.