Sunday, August 26, 2007

Film Star Hat Dream


I had some highly kooky dreams last night, probably because of the inferior margarita mix I was guzzling at a cookout before passing out, er, I mean, falling asleep. I dreamt Mary J. Blige had hired me as knitting designer for her signature fashion line after I pitched her my idea for knitted Classic Film Star Hats. There was one called The Veronica Lake (long pale fall), The Garbo (turban), The Joan Crawford (jelly roll), and The Carmen Miranda (lots of fruit). I woke up thinking, "What a great idea!" There was so much sugar in those margaritas it must have given me extra brain rocket fuel! This is my second knitting dream, which is perturbing, because I'm obsessed enough with junking without taking on a second sport. Knitting, however, is as soothing as smoking and saying the rosary combined, and since I don't smoke anymore.... I hope no one Out There steals this fabulous concept before I get around to figuring out the patterns to create such masterpieces and then patenting the designs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the fabulous concept. My people are on it!