

I love buttons. I love them on cards with cool old graphics. I love them in boxes. I love finding a big blue mason jar full of them, unscrewing the glass lined zinc cap, and inhaling eau de sewing room ancienne before spilling the little treasures across the crafty room table. I could do a whole blog on buttons alone. Celluloid Bubble Tops, pearls, plastic, covered, Bakelite, glass, etc. — they all make me happy. Since I love all vintage buttons, it's hard to decide what kind should go on The Mushroom Sweater. I've already decided to skip making buttonholes. I'm going to crochet on some toggle attachments, car coat style. So I probably need some bold buttons. My stash is huge, but not big on sets. I'm hoping to find enough bone or wooden barrel ones. I will keep you posted on this crucial aspect of the amateur design process.
1 comment:
Here's a site you might like:
http://antiquescollectibles.suite101.com/article.cfm/vintage_buttons
Post a Comment