Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Two-Headed Cat


These are pictures from a year ago of my amazing two-headed cat. OK, it's trick photography, there are actually two separate cats. The one with the tiny brain is named Bigfoot, while the deep, suave-looking dude is named Brother. They are not related, except by their grey tabby coats. Bigfoot's paws were much bigger than his head when we first got him. Now, a year later, he's the size of a panther, though I don't know if his brain has grown much. (His favorite indoor activities, other than napping, are scratching drywall, swatting lampshades, and tipping over glass bottles of mineral water.) He likes to sleep on my knitting, because when he was first rescued from a farm in Calhoun County, Ills, I was knitting The World's Longest Scarf, and he used to curl up at the (never-ending) end of it while I watched Constance Bennett movies on TCM. Now he'll jump into my lap whenever he sees knitting needles in my hands to give me a few pointers. Note how The Mushroom Sweater has grown under his direction!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww!

Anonymous said...

He's doing a durn good job!