Thursday, November 1, 2007

Hail, All Hallowed Ones!


I was baptised Catholic, but since childhood my religious beliefs have become more catholic. I like to celebrate November 1 not only as All Saint's Day, but also as the Celtic New Year. This is the day I think about my top 3 goals for the year ahead. #1 on the list is Do More Yoga. Yoga makes me feel like I'm flying, which is a good counter-balance to the gravitational pull of #2: Knit More Stuff. (I think it's important to include a goal you know you're going to actually accomplish!) #3 is Save Our Junk. I get kind of sick of junk from time to time (like now), and the accumulation of it is not something an aspiring neophyte yogini should even consider. Someday soon, along with pescatarianism, I'm going to have to give junk up. But I still feel that it holds some key to understanding the mysteries of human spirit and culture, if only I just think about it hard enough. Junk is my mandala. So for the next year and a day, anyway, I won't quit the mission of Lucky Find Gazette, even though I'm more than past ready to unload all my salvage work on eBay!

No comments: