
These lovely Needle Books were found at the Missouri Council for the Blind thrift store on Olive. This place is crammed full of junk, most of it unworthy of mention. But the great thing about quantity is the odds: you will find at least one thing to bring home. But are you willing to wade through the crud? I junk by mood. Some days, crud-wading is an exciting adventure; other days my gift of psychometry makes it a chorus of too many sad auras. Right before I scored these, I'd been to the dollar store to buy 12 pairs of reading glasses — all of which I will have lost by next month — so a foray into a thrift store benefiting the blind seemed like a good idea. And obviously it was. (I need a 2.50+ reading glass magnification to thread a needle these days, but that's all right now, because I just purchased 2 new pairs in addition to my 10 1.50+ readers.)
No comments:
Post a Comment