

After knitting 3 gift ponchos in a row, I decided that the planned Owl Cape needed to grow sleeves and become a sweater. Since I got a pile of Rowan Country #658 in Willow on sale (and after all those ponchos have the gauge of this yarn down pat), I decided to try my hands at a knit-from-the-top-down raglan pullover, using Maggie Righetti's Sweater Design in Plain English as a guide. Basically, her plain English boils down to: "Just use your common sense and knit the damn thing!" That sort of non-instruction suits my ornery Aquarius Rising brain fine. I sweated a little at the sleeve separation stage, but all turned out great! The garment fits beautifully, thanks to my secret patented bust shaping technique (no short rows involved). And the yarnover increases left lovely eyelets to thread an Owl Plaque bolo tie through. Now I just have to sew up the underarms, put the sleeves on dpns, and work decreases to the wrist. After that, I'll start slogging away at my sorely neglected Mushroom Sweater. But I doubt I'll ever work from the bottom up again. It's too much fun trying on the sweater as you go, and really keeps the motivation to finish high.
No comments:
Post a Comment