

The top photo is of the newest member of our menagerie, Little Joe Brown. He's a brown snake, and hasn't much moved from that spot in our hydrangea bushes for three weeks. He eats worms and bugs. Cute lil feller! Of course, snakes remind me of yarn now. The second photo is of 1.5 hours worth of winding up the Dyeabolical lace weight yarn I recently bought off etsy. It's posed next to some Rowan Kidsilk to give you an idea of its "pop." When I saw it I immediately envisioned an EZ "Pie Are Square" shawl with "Pear and Trellis" lace panels. That project is at the back of the queue: I plan on starting it in January when my eyes need brite green! Bottom pix: finished Sea Shawl. It's definitely the best thing I've ever designed. When I actually take the time to plan things carefully out, it works okay. But I'm an impatient half-ass, so I don't always do as I should. If I ever knit another Elm Leaf Shawl, I'd continue half the pattern up, closer to the center. I wish I could knit as fast as I can dream!
No comments:
Post a Comment