

These two adorable creatures are my constant companions when I knit. I love my other two cats, but they're not as interested in the process as Bigfoot (top photo) and Bridget (below). Biggie finds Ziplock bags full of yarn and UFOs to be the ideal resting spot, and Bridget likes to nap with a skein or two of fuzzy yarn draped over her back. She hates clothes, but likes coverage. I'm planning a new line of doggie blankets for her: they'll be a good way to practice various laces. Below are two recent hats, Flaming ZiggleZag Hat and Flaming Man Hat. This Flaming Chevron stitch pattern taught me a lot about knitting lace circularly. For this particular stitch pattern, the round always has to start just before the first ssk, and just after the first k2tog, so the marker has to be slipped two stitches before changing direction. If I could articulate why, I'd be a brilliant genius on track for some sort of world-saving prize. The why may even be in a book somewhere, but I'm proud of myself for figuring out the wherefores blind. I really do love knitting! It's even more fun than chain-smoking. I just saw a documentary on disturbed movie star Joan Crawford: she was an obsessive knitter. That'd make a good book: famous freaky knitters of yore.

1 comment:
Just wanted to stop by and say thank you for sharing the lovely hat pattern!
Post a Comment