Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Wow Factor



I've never had the slightest desire to learn how to knit Intarsia — until I came across this old magazine from 1971 while "organizing" my work room. I wonder if I have time to make this by New Year's Eve? The perfect gown to party in: no one could ever tell if you spill (or worse) on this baby! And the lurid Lurex yarn looks fairly impervious to any environmental influences. Wow! On a housekeeping note: I bought two more filing carts to help me get "organized." But as you see, they're still empty. I seem to have a deep-rooted subconscious belief that if I just buy enough containers put things in, the junk will sort itself out, by magic. I even said an affirmation yesterday, to try to "get with the program" (how I loathe that fascistic phrase): I choose activities that keep me organized and energized. But I must not have put much conviction into the saying of it, because here's what I did: knit and nap. Yawn! Or maybe you have to say these things more than once, and without giggling. I have an excuse for the knitting: my friend Mary came in from Maine, and took every hat I've made this season back with her. Well. It's cold up there. And now it's cold here, too, and the only hats in the house are acrylic watch caps from Wal-Mart!

No comments: