







I love to make things, even more than I love to hoard things. Knit, embroider, sew, paste, write, there's just not enough sitting-down time in a day to get it all done. Here's a glimpse into my overflowing workbasket, as signified by the first two photos of chalkware baskets in my workroom. (Gorilla Glue is the best way I've found to restore broken wire hangers on the back of these lovely pieces of junk.) Then we have the faux bois Tree Hugger shawlette, my third and final (for a while) Citron. The cloud-like mixing of cashmere and Kidsilk Haze is scrumptious to wear. Then a pair of Crazy Zag armwarmers I made one at a time using one of my hat charts. I intentionally made them different colors, but I did not intentionally make them different sizes, that was the gauge mysteriously changing. From now on I knit a pair of anything strictly 2-at-a-Time-on-1-Magic-Loop, as we see implemented in the next photo of a pair of toe-up socks. (This type of sock yarn feels like cheating, it puts in the pattern automatically.) Then we have a giant pile of Elvincraft Mohair/Shetland in Winter Festival, all the way from snowed-in Scotland, which I plan to make a hooded cloak with. Next: some lovely Strong Arm sock yarn from Dyeabolical in a color simply named "1596", but which I prefer to call "Aurora Borealis." (I just bought a pair of green shoes that are demanding some special socks). Lastly we have my shameful butchering of more gorgeous yarn from Dyeabolical in Pumpkin. I hit a snag I couldn't decipher when winding, and so lost patience — cut the rest into crewel-length strands. I'm actually excited to try my hand at embroidering with wool. You can never have too many ways to use up yarn!
2 comments:
Ooooh, what lovely things you make! Those gosamer shawls and lovely warm slippers--color everywhere, delighting the eyes and heart. Wonderful and warm.
The shawl is another beauty! And the slippers look totally inviting. But I have to tell you ... my daughter was reading over my shoulder and is absolutely in love with your arm warmers. They are beautiful!
Can't wait to see the embroidery you come up with.
Post a Comment