



The New Year may be just another cold day, or maybe this year it will be the beginning of the Tale of Transformation everyone wishes for. "Transformation" always implies a positive change; no one is transformed from a hard-working standup person into a no-good slob — one simply degenerates to that lower state by forgetting to brush teeth or knitting too much. The past year, in retrospect, is one in which I 100% definitely knitted too much. I have mastered the craft, and enough is enough! So my main resolution is: I will do something other than knit in each and every spare waking moment. I will wallpaper my hallway with vintage wallpaper. I will take frequent walks up the hill above our Alton office. I will inventory my vast collection of vintage fabric. I will organize my Junk Dungeon. I will use my free time well! A girl can dream, can't she??? The top picture is of the type of wallpaper I'm searching for. Then we have Bigfoot the cat guarding my latest Desert Dream (Citron) Shawl. His idea of fun is watching things dry! Oh, and killing creatures smaller than himself. The final picture is of the Warrior Queen Shawl. Both of these shawls are made with Elvincraft yarn. So beautiful. The Desert Dream yarn is the same exact color as my favorite turquoise necklace. I'm going to wear the two together to go see The Young Victoria with MIL Saturday. Now there's a movie I could happily crawl into, can't wait!
1 comment:
Ah no! There is NO such thing as knitting too much! Especially when what you create is more than just something to wear. It is ART. It is the essence of DREAMS. It is gossamer butterfly wings!
Yes you have mastered the craft - and then some. I, for one, will miss seeing your beautiful shawls and capelets (if you stop knitting!) ... but I have the advantage of being able to TOUCH one, while everyone else can only imagine!!!
I am blessed indeed.
I hope you find your wallpaper - I actually thought the first photo was a beautiful postcard when I first saw it. How beautiful these vintage papers are!
Happy New Year - can't wait to see what you come up with next!!!
Post a Comment