



"Junk in the Trunk" is a vulgarism that I've been thinking a lot about, lately. I just opened an etsy shop, Lucky Find Salvage CO, for the purpose of getting rid of all my junk, but, like a big butt, junk is really hard to get rid of. The photos are of some "for sale" items. You can use all sorts of weight loss analogies on the decluttering process. Diet = not buying any more new junk. Exercise (i.e. converting fat into energy) = selling junk for cash money. (Yes, money does equal energy, and I want to get way more energetic!) The shop's been open for 3 days, and I've sold 6 items. It's a form of working out, all that scanning and describing and shipping. I may just get fed up and resort to liposuction to get rid of everything. Pay someone big bucks to just get it out of my sight! Here's what happened: after I bought 5 pairs of green shoes in some sort of weird middle-aged nervous shopping breakdown, I had a revelation. I neither need nor want to buy one more unproductive thing ever again. I want a clear space lightly populated by highly valued treasure, not a hopeless muddle full of stuff I don't love. Good luck!
1 comment:
AMEN Sister! I think you hit the key phrase - keep only what you love. Must learn this lesson myself. Sigh.
Post a Comment