Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Junk, Transformed

I'd rather have Roseville on the shelf than junk in the trunk.

Sales in my etsy shop have come to a thudding halt. But I had a damn good run for a while there! I seriously don't understand why anything that did sell sold. It was all a bunch of junk, in the junkiest sense of the word. My profit, including fees and a few shipping burns, was about 1000%. (Exception: yarn destash, but that was like paying the junk man to come get an ugly old refrigerator out of the yard.) I transformed those profits into this lovely Roseville Dogwood vase, a few more skeins of yarn, and embroidery floss. I'll keep what I have listed on the etsy store shelves till they expire, but then I'm done. I reforged a bond with all the misbegotten items in the Junk Dungeon while getting it organized, and want to curate a while longer, though I will be unloading some boxes of books at the local library foundation sale, and have more yarn and some fabric to give to Upcycle Exchange. One thing I seem to have completely lost is the desire to buy any more junk. Hooray! This was a painless rehab, for sure!

2 comments:

Clytie said...

Congrats on your dejunk! And that vase is absolutely beautiful. Another way to not buy anymore junk? Run out of $$!!! :=}

Wendy said...

Good going, love Roseville

Wendy