
Here's a picture of a surprise flower I just found in my garden. What a nice May Day present! Castilleja coccinea, Indian Paintbrush, has been one of my favorite wildflowers since I first came across it as a girl on an Ozark gravel bar. I can't remember planting it! The fun thing about native plants is that they pop up whenever they feel like it, sometimes a few years after their seeds hit dirt. I've been gardening like crazy, and my knit-weakened body is going to pay for it! On a back-peddling note, I've decided that quitting knitting cold turkey is just tooooo drastic, so I'm going to limit it till the after 5. Like instead of Cocktail Hour, it will be Knitting Hour. Or both! I think the whole problem was me sitting down with my morning cup of coffee and my yarn. Because who wants to stop knitting once you start???? And since I'm the boss of me, there was no one around to tell me to just step away from the needles. But today I leapt out of the house right away to take the doggie for a walk, and so got a ton done for a change.
No comments:
Post a Comment