
The Mushroom Sweater. A swell idea that died this morning after nine months in the unfinished business bin. Looking at it again last Thursday made me question its whole raison d'etre. In the end I wanted its expensive Rowan Harris Tweed Yarn in "Thatch" more than I wanted a new ugly sweater. And I wasn't thrilled about sewing in those set-in sleeves, much less finishing the armhole shaping. It made me all panicky just to think on it. Plus, I don't even wear sweaters! So RIP. I'll store its recycled yarn like ashes in Mushroom Cookie Jars, and it will then be reincarnated into darling new projects I'll actually enjoy wearing, like capes, shawls, hats, legwarmers, and opera gloves.
Here Lies The Mushroom Sweater
It Got Torn Up
To Make Something Better


1 comment:
My sympathies--but I know it really felt liberating. I love your storage solution :)
Post a Comment