
Here they are, the first pair of socks I've ever knitted. I'm a proud parent: these are the socks, with the help of books and some Internet guidance, which taught me how to cast on toe-ups, knit two at a time on one Magic Loop, and turn hole-free short-row heels. That all took some doin'! My tongue was sticking out of the corner of my mouth a lot. These are a little snug, which is tough on the lace pattern around the ankle, but they're still cute and wearable. Next time I'll allow more ease. I couldn't have done this a year ago. Cock-A-Doodle Doo! Here's the biggest advantage of this sort of sock knitting: no row counting to make two socks come out exactly the same size! "O, How I Loathe — Counting Rows — I Always Lose Track — And It Shows." The pain and agony of figuring out this unusual method was definitely worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment