


If the idea for another Noro top-down triangle hits me, I'll immediately put down whatever else I'm working on and start in. Color! Pattern! Texture! More Color! TDT shawls are like working a giant lace swatch, or half an afghan. No worries. Knit, zzzz, knit. This Traveling Light Shawl is based on the Traveling Leaf stitch in Barbara Walker #1. I don't see any leaves in the design myself. It looks more like zig-zag rays. And light is color, thus the inspired name for this project, for which I'll offer a free .pdf when done. The lace itself is super-duper easy to work. It's related to Fir Cone, but more geometric. It looks cool unblocked, sort of cable-y. The top photo is of a sweater pattern from Good Housekeeping Needlecraft, Fall-Winter 1972-1973. The embroidered duplicate stitch is too much, but I love the shape of the sleeves. This is a seamless garment, worked in the round from the bottom up, which is unusual in a vintage pattern. I plan to alter it with some happy, colorful yarn. Noro, perhaps?
No comments:
Post a Comment