


Thanks to Ephemeral Chaos for reminding me of the annual Gateway Postcard Club Show and Sale this past weekend. I almost missed a chance to buy tons of 25¢ postcards! These are a few of the wilder ones. Tiger (top): This splendid beast was once the terror of the island of Sumatra. He reputedly was a man-eater and the natives named him "Tiang Alam" after a notorious bandit chief. He nearly escaped on shipboard while en route to America. It sickens me to see this big guy in a cage, but he sure is pretty. Zebra Room (middle): Los Angeles — Favorite meeting place for Hollywood stars. Entertainment and music for dancing nightly. Buckhorn Curio Store (bottom): Originally the famous Buckhorn Saloon, containing the greatest collection of heads and horns in the WORLD. Established 1881. I also got 20 or more Victorian butterfly themed cards. I only buy the 25¢ (reject) stock, but still make out like Tiang Alam. Last year I cornered the market on Smorgasbørd Postcards, but found none this time, boo-hoo. There were some cards on sale for $90 and more. They were cool, but huh? Think of all the yarn you could buy for $90!
No comments:
Post a Comment