

On recent assignment as Girl Reporter (which only happens once a year and pays in magic beans) I sallied forth in my truck to check out a (particularly flea-bitten) Metro Area flea market. At first glance I thought I'd never find a thing there but broken coffee makers and Happy Meal figurines. I come from persistent stock, however, so I kept looking. Of course I found something! Not lots, but in the plural range. Including a whole stack of archaic magazines, such as this issue of The Family Handyman. I'm The Family Handyman around our house and I think this adorable Pumpkin Hut may be beyond my skill level, but hey, I never thought I'd learn how to knit for real, either. Wouldn't this be a great place to lurk with yarn and needles, making stockings for Hansel and Gretel?
3 comments:
Was it the flea market on the road up to Alton--it's in a u-store site? It was pretty horrid when I got there--lots of Watkins and Avon, "crafts," and someone selling bad puppies, but I did get a few gems like the Lippezan postcards.
I don't know that one! This was down in Fairmont City by the track. "Nobody here but us fleas!"
Oh, I went to that one years ago w/ a 78 collector I worked for. If I remember, half their stuff was out on sawhorses rusting in the rain. There's another interesting flea market just S of East St. Louis off of 64.
Post a Comment