




All right, I admit I haven't upholstered a single salvaged piece of furniture this past week. So what have I been doing, that I don't even have time to blog? K-N-I-T-T-I-N-G, yup. No one ever sticks to their New Year's Resolutions, right? "I hereby resolve to give up knitting and stick to upholstering," oh yeah, tell me another. I gave up caving one year because I no longer had the desire to get muddy in the dark, but so far my yearn for yarn is here to stay. Though when I think of upholstery I think of hugs. So I will get around to it, but my knitting UFOs must first be dealt with. This is the third (and a half, counting the late, lamented Mushroom) sweater I've made and It's definitely the best. I made it up, thanks to top-down pattern autonomy, and there won't be a pattern on ravelry, because I have no will to figure multiple sizes. This yarn is Cascade 220 in Bronzed Green. (Great for ruddy complexions!) The sleeves are beautifully belled and make me feel like yodeling "Rhiannon". The applied I-Cord is in Noro Kureyon #236. Applied I-Cord is the bomb. The back has center increases every inch after the armholes, to make the fit more comfortable. Lace is a great way to keep track of rows. The lace on the sleeves here is a paneled version of Oriel (from Barbara Walker #2.) I can't wait to finish this!
No comments:
Post a Comment