

When the power goes out in the most frigid air of the year, like it did last night, I get mad. Then I pray to Reddy Kilowatt to send some heroic linemen, fast. "Servant of the Century?" More like "Master of the Universe." Electricity = civilization. I wouldn't mind not having power if we were set up for that in a cozy log cabin chinked tight against drafts, stacks of cord wood for the stove, a pump for water... But when the e goes out here, not only does our heat dissipate, but we have no water or stove. I hate when that happens. The only way I can get my belief in the magical fluffiness of life back after such a cold sleepless night is to buy a ton of yarn I don't need. Which I did today. See? LED lights be damned!
No comments:
Post a Comment