Thursday, December 3, 2009

Big Dreams


My birthday post on November 30th was the 300th post of this blog. A good omen. I like the number 3. As anyone who has knit with double-pointed needles will tell you, 3 is a dynamic number: each end of the triangle's intersections wants to pull away from the other. (With 4 needles, the intersections just stay put. Squares are stable.) What on Earth am I babbling about? Who knows. But starting with this here 301th post, I may just well be about to experience The Year of the Dream (as illustrated by a fabulous Scholastic paperback Thrift Store Score.) I don't know why I think so. Winter is here, and making me crabby. But: we just rented a cool office in downtown Alton, with the super high-speed internet my husband needs. The people who run the building are really nice, and threw in a huge old 50s desk and two chairs, just because. The space is panelled in flimsy 60s Dad's Den "oak", and it has a great view of the grain elevators and the passing traffic. I can't wait to decorate! One step closer to city living....Hurrah!

Oh, and I just realized, today is December 3rd. Make a wish.

1 comment:

The romantic query letter and the happy-ever-after said...

You know, I believe in the power of the number 3 myself and the serendipity of things like that for here I am commenting on your 301 post and the first building I moved in to when I moved to the city was at 301 Prudential Drive.
I don't know what it means but I'm thrilled.
You have a lovely weekend.