

Well, the notebook I thought was a blank canvas actually had a few hidden pages of hieroglyphics on it, but I'm going to go ahead and fill it up anyway. Just because it's not perfectly untouched doesn't mean it's not functional. Here's the first of the daily Solstice to Solstice entries: "Today I jumped out of bed and right into a squishy pile of cat gak. In bare feet." I like the idea of blogging about journal entries. It's an endless mirror image, solipsistic and completely unenlightening. I've never filled a notebook (in recent memory) because I wanted my entries to be what they never are, pure poetry: deep, profound, and life altering, especially on important days like Solstices. Today, for instance. (Happy @$ing Winter, everyone.) But today didn't start out well, unless you consider cussing a good way to start the day. Not the calm state required for thoughtfulness. So the journal is going to be full of lists, petty annoyances, nags, rags, and rants: easy stuff. The usual, in fact! The pictures show our office, which feels like it's in some Soviet Bloc country with that massive view of proletarian concrete, a.k.a. the ConAgra grain elevators. I downloaded 1/2 a season of Bewitched there today to try and erase the memory of yuck oozing through my toes.
1 comment:
Dearest Suzy--thank you for your kindness to my sister. Clytie has been absolutely raving over the butterfly wing cape you sent. (grin)
Anyone who makes my sister smile and laugh the way she has over this wonderful gift is pretty cool in my book!
Thank you again--and Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment