Thursday, December 10, 2009

Old Notebooks



Our office in Alton is looking mighty cosy. How could it not with panelling? I'll post pictures soon, but in the meantime, here's some secretarial images from days gone by. I've been rooting through office supply surplus at home to load the new desk with, and started leafing through old notebooks trying to find some empties. Now there's a good way to waste a few hours. I have a strange habit of writing on a few pages, and then abandoning the whole notebook. I don't even have to wonder what that says about my character! (Nothing good!) But then: a few rips = a clean slate. Here are some choice scrawlings from the two pages I tore from the notebook now in the office desk drawer. "Maternitees Personalization Ideas. I'm with: The Spawn of Satan, A Son of a Bitch, The Messiah, An Alien Experiment." Then I have a list of herbal dyestuffs. "Red: dandelion, dock, hops, lady's bedstraw, madder, pokeweed, potentilla, St. John's wort, sweet woodruff. Rust: poke, safflower. Tan: barberry, onions, Oregon grape, raspberry, sunflower, uva ursi. Yellers: agrimony, broom, chamomile, fenugreek, goldenrod, sage. Greens:" The list ends without any green, I must have gotten tired of jotting. Then on the next page we have "Thoughts While Watching Live and Let Die. The Zipper Scene, how do those wide cars fit in the lanes, & {my favorite} quote 'Names is for tombstones, baby.' " There. That's about as revealing a glimpse into my brain as I ever want to share on this blog again!

4 comments:

Beth Niquette said...

I LOVE it! Someone with a brain as goofy as mine. Tch tch tch. (Grin)

Renee said...

Sounds like pages from my notebooks. I think I have about 50 stacked behind me, most are mostly empty. :)

Clytie said...

Gosh! I just found a whole stack of notebooks with things jotted on the first few pages only! I thought I was the only one! How absolutely fun!

Beth Niquette said...

Egad. I have four old books on how to take dictation. Egad. A dead art, I think!