Sunday, December 13, 2009

New Notebook





Unbelievably, I just found a notebook in which I have not yet scrawled one single word! This denim gem is from the 70s. I found it at the Salvation Army a few years ago along with its twin, which does have a bunch of scribbling on the first four pages, and some dates from 2004, 2005, and 2006. The last entry is a list of Thrift Store Scores and Prices Paid: Embroidered Czech Pic $1.25, Burled Pipe 40¢, Glass Ruby Slipper 80¢, etc. Watching Julie and Julia last night gave me the idea for a blog challenge of my own: to actually fill an entire notebook! I'll start it on Midwinter's Night, December 21, 2009 and finish it on Midsummer's Night, June 21, 2010. A notebook is a nice private place where all the things that might not be a good idea to put Out There on this blog can go, such as Top 50 Reasons My Mother-In-Law is a Total Pain in the Ass, Favorite Cuss Words of My Youth, Calories Consumed at Breakfast, and How Many Times I Had to Rub a Pedi-Egg Over My Dry Cracked Heels to Smooth Them Out. And then I suppose I'll blog about how it felt to actually make the promised journal entry, perhaps even revealing a few glimpses of less inflammatory content.... I need a countdown button. Where can I get one? And what will be dredged up over the six months till Summer?

2 comments:

Clytie said...

I'm with you on that one! What a great idea. I found at least 6 notebooks with various 'lists'. I have a thing about 'lists'. I have lists of lists. Wonderful!

The romantic query letter and the happy-ever-after said...

I'm a list maker myself and it warms my heart whenever I find another with the affliction. Besides your list made me smile, 'Top 50 Reasons My Mother-In-Law is a Total Pain in the Ass' so very funny.
You take care.