

Two women who work with my husband bought this pink hoodie as a Chistmas present for our darling Bridget. She prefers to be naked, since clothes make her feel fat. Because she is? Maybe a little pleasantly plump... Last picture is of the Citron shawlette I cranked out in 2 days for MIL. She looks adorable in it. This is one adorable pattern, in fact. Usually I knit my own patterns, because I like to see what the ideas and charts will turn into, but this pattern was irresistible, just about the cutest thing I've ever seen: simple but surprising, flirty yet elegant. For this version (and I will be making more, more, more!) I conserved my Silver Fern cashmere by adding stripes of Garden Green Kidsilk Haze. Binding off the trillions of stitches in a shawlette's ruffle when you're in a hurry is a spiritual exercise in patience, I had to pretend I was saying the Rosary instead of knitting. And then I did start saying the Rosary, it was Christmas Eve, after all. Hey Presto, it got done on time!
Notebook update: I'm a bum, there's no way I'm going to fill it, have already missed two days worth of entries.
3 comments:
What an adorable hoodie. Bridget is one lucky diva!
The shawlette is beautiful too.
Your beautiful "Swamp Mist" showed up in the mail. You do not give your creations enough credit, though. As I said in my blog, it is like holding a gossamer butterfly wing or a spider's web. So beautiful and delicate!
Thank you so much for sending it to me. I will treasure it forever. I am going to wear it at our New Years Eve party - with pride. I am still in awe.
I hope your Christmas was blessed and warm. God bless you!
Well the naked diva part totally caught my attention--and I laughed and laughed to see your Briget in her clothes! (grin)
Your work is lovely. I can hardly wait to go over to Clytie's place and see the "butterfly wings" you sent her, for myself.
God bless you!
Here's a Happy New Year to you, dear girl! I pray the coming year will be filled with amazing adventures, laughter and joy! May you have strength through the hard times and peace throughout this new year. I have so enjoyed your blog.
Post a Comment