Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Junk Dungeon Stirreth







Dang, I have a lot of junk! Depending on my mood, that makes me either gloat or droop. It takes about 5 minutes to pull this much treasure out of the troves, and then another 55 minutes to snap, describe, and upload it onto etsy. I could easily list about 500 hundred items, but I don't think shoppers ever go much beyond the second page of merchandise, so I think I'll keep the shelves stocked with a mere 42 choices. I wish my handmade things would sell, then I could actually think of myself as an artist instead of a curator. I made the pillows in the last photo with fabric found at the bottom of a box bought at the Belleville Flea Market, some old zippers I had stashed, and feathers from a dead pillow. Anyway, this online selling is probably too slow and energy-consuming a way to destash. The whole point of getting rid of junk is to free my soul from the hoarding disease, but so far the selling process seems to be making me even more grasping. I'll give it another few months and then reevaluate...

No comments: