Thursday, February 18, 2010

Junk, Revealed

Two hours of sorting and chaos prevails.


I found this spirally thing in the parking lot of an auto body shop.



Faery Orchid yarn from Elvincraft


I drank two cups of Jet Brew coffee this morning and so had the nerve to start sorting all of my fabric. All's I can say is, yes, I belong on Hoarders. Not shown are 3 sorted bins of my best stuff, back in the Dungeon. Tropical Barkcloth and 40s Feathers & Florals, it soothes my soul just to look at their loveliness. And now that it's all on the easiest to reach shelf, I can look anytime the urge strikes. Still have hours more to go, and the coffee is wearing off into the jitters, hopefully this blog break will refresh and fortify! Most of what's left will go to Upcycle Exchange. Share the love. The middle photo is of a necklace I made out of a weird twist of metal. It's pretty groovy, but I'll be shocked if it sells. You never know unless you try! Then we have some wonderful bedjacket yarn custom dyed for me by Kate Duncan of Elvincraft in Scotland, inspired by the Missouri Botanical Garden Orchid Show. Okay, back to the bins!

1 comment:

Clytie said...

I would be shocked if that necklace doesn't sell! It is way cool!