Monday, February 1, 2010

Orchid Time







Today we went to the Orchid Show at the Missouri Botanical Garden for a shot of mid-winter frivolity and verve. Orchids are like false eyelashes and satin opera gloves: gorgeous, but not for everyday! I guess that's why I go to this show at least six times in the course of its two month run — the everyday plus winter is just not a winning combo.
The last photo is of one of my prize possessions, which will never be sold on etsy: a Nettie's Flower Garden ashtray. Nettie's was the place to buy corsages in the neighborhood I lived in as a small fry. It's not there anymore. Everything changes, but the Orchid Show will always be back next year!

1 comment:

Clytie said...

Ooooh! The colors! The Textures! The beauty!!!

I needed this color on a gray cold rainy day. Thank you!