Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Uh-Oh



This morning I grabbed my cup of coffee and headed to the computer as per usual to check my etsy sales. Overnight I sold all the yarn in the destash section, which was as it should be, because I was virtually giving it away. But I know I'm never going to knit with Kauni: even though I love the colors, it's too dang scratchy, and sweaters are so freaking boring to knit I vowed never again after the last one. I only want to knit frothy old-fashioned things, capelets and cloaks and fichus and mitts and shawls, stuff you can't buy anywhere. I'm starting to like socks, but not in the standard commercial sock yarns. It's taken me three years of knitting, but I've definitely become a yarn snob. So all my regular old yarn, except for some of the Noro, must go! The Super8 faux bois film can was another overnight sale. And here's the embarrassing part: I couldn't find it! The Junk Dungeon was holding on to its secrets this morning, and it took me over 2 hours to tear apart enough stuff to unearth the missing piece. (It was hiding in plain sight by the shipping materials, must've known it was heading out soon!) The thought of having to tell a customer I was too big a slob to keep track of my own stuff was so mortifying that I actually started a real organizational process. All etsy items in a bin with a check-marked list. Other bins of "to be listed" organized according to type: fabric, craft, crapola, etc. So two good things came of this morning's scare: a plan, and this old picture of my cranky cat Igneous (now deceased, God love her.)

1 comment:

Clytie said...

Organizing is GOOD.

Kitty is AWE so CUTE.

I am so glad you will continue to knit frothy old fashioned things! I almost got scared when you said you were selling your yarn!!!