
I don't need to read the book above to know a few things about Chihuahuas. Ever since Canasta came into our lives this 4th of July, I've been taking notes. Here are some of my observations about the canines of this particular breed:
A) Sometimes they're so happy to see you they pee.
B) They snore. Loudly. Like an 18-Wheeler downshifting.
C) Their ears are the perfect barometer of their moods.(Up=perky. Down=calm. Flat=neutral.)
D) They may look like Yoda, but their smell and sheddings are All Dog.
E) They'll threaten dogs 20x bigger (and, it must be said, 20x stupider) and the big dogs run away. Although luckily, the big dogs on our street are all sweet and well-fed.
F) They like to be petted, a lot. If you cease petting to knit, for instance, the outrage is swift, and its expression ranges from a gentle hand nudge to a forceful jaw swat.

I don't know how we ever lived without our Chihuahua Canasta. Even the cats love her. But then, they haven't figured out she's a dog.
No comments:
Post a Comment