

My Bottle Cap Magic is a little on the lumpy side. Needs practice. But I'm so proud of myself for actually following instructions. Except, I used a #5 F hook instead of the #7 hook called for in the original 1953 pattern. An even smaller hook would work easily. My second attempt did turn out better than this one — I marked the rounds instead of just guessing. These are going to be the buttons (in orange-red) for The Mushroom Sweater All three cats have been swatting the bedoilied thingys around. I should fill the hollow part with catnip! They are fun to make and go really fast. Way faster than Buster drinks beer: he'd rather have a glass of red wine. Fortunately, I have a bunch of Bud Light bottle caps, saved from the BBQ yesterday. (At BBQs, macro-brews prevail.) I found a source for unused bottle caps online: http://www.edps.com/index.php?cPath=137. They're about 5¢ each, which is cheaper than a beer! Plus, you don't have to wash them. And, if you get sick of crocheting ponchos for them (which I've been taking a lot of guff for around here!), you can turn them into any of a 1,001 crafty other things — just google "bottle cap crafts" and see for yourself.
No comments:
Post a Comment