Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Morning Ideal


This is how I'd like to look in the morning, but I fear Reality falls far short of the Ideal. For instance, instead of mules and a lovely clean robe that smells of flowers, cinnamon rolls, and coffee, right now I'm wearing clogs, sweat pants, and a Texaco t-shirt that smells like dog, canned salmon juice (i.e. dog's breakfast), and coffee. So the only link between me and the image above is the coffee. But that's a start! P.S. Our adopted Chihuahua Canasta will only eat salmon, corn-on-the-cob (which is hilarious to watch), Tiny T-Bonz, and chicken. When she first wandered into our lives, she was just fine with Cesar brand muck, but now that she has us wrapped around her little paw, she demands princess fare. Chihuahuas were once Temple Dogs, she reminds us when we grouse about it. P.S.S. I started posting a day or two ahead of the actual date when a crisis made it uncertain if I'd be able to get in front of the computer. When this blog began, I committed to posting every day for 3 months. So to keep that promise, I cheat! What exactly are the ethics of cheating to keep a promise? That's the soul-searching question for this week.

No comments: