


Subscribers have been emailing me to ask: "What's the difference between Lucky Find Gazette and Blog of Lucky Find Gazette?" Answer: the difference between Antique Malls and Craft Malls — or, as they would be more aptly named around these parts, "Crap Malls." (Think multiple Glue Gun Violations involving silk flowers and angels. So not Indie!) Antique Malls are classy and organized, like Lucky Find Gazette. Craft Malls, like this blog, are not. The blog is a place for me to show off all the extra stuff hanging aimlessly around the office, as well as the thrift store scores I've "repurposed" — like these spice rack shelves. They were found at Goodwill in what we call The Aisle of Wood, where the baskets, duck-themed napkin holders, and shop class rejects also live. The spice racks never cost more than $3. Light-weight and slimily varnished, they can be spruced up easily with spray paint and sand paper. (I use so much spray paint my husband Buster blames my frequent dingbell moments on toulene inhalation. These moments are actually caused by a preoccupation with junk!) As you can see, the racks are a great place to park uncategorizable doodads.
PS: Buster drank some Sierra Nevada Pale Ale last night, so I now have 2 whole bottle caps to create some magic with! (I sipped "Picnic Dacquiris," the recipe for which I found in James A. Beard's classic Cook It Outdoors: Mix 2 oz. Meyer's Rum with the juice of 1 lime and 1 teaspoon maple syrup. Pour over ice. Wow!)
1 comment:
Oh, those dacquiris are good! I made one (okay some) last night. Maple syrup is a great mixer.
Post a Comment