
I had a dream about pincurls last night, so I decided to skip ahead to Day 5, Week 2 of my 4 Week Beauty and Charm course and learn how to be my own hairdresser. Here's what Anita Colby has to say today: "There are two ways to set pincurls. I prefer the upped way — that is you pull each strand up from the scalp, then wind toward the face. I find that by winding upward, I get more body into whatever style I brush into it later. Hollywood studios do it. Stars like Loretta Young, Joan Crawford, Paulette Goddard, Elizabeth Taylor, Hedy Lamarr swear by this method." Just to be contrary, I'm going to set mine the other way, "as for a page-boy" by pulling each strand down. Any curl at all will be very beautiful and charming in my hay straight scarecrow hair.
No comments:
Post a Comment